Terms & Conditions
All bookings are accepted on the strict understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions.
By booking a course with us at One Week Driving Shop, you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
•‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The self-employed instructor
•‘the driving school’ ‘driving courses direct’ and ‘www.oneweekdrivingshop.com’ means the driving school administering the provision of the driving course, booking the tests and allocating you to a self-employed subcontractor who is a registered DVSA driving instructor.
•‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
Terms & Conditions.
1. Courses booked are for the total hours agreed upon booking which includes the final hour for your test and drive home at the end of the course (EG - 10 hour course is approximately 8.5 hours learning time and 1.5 hours for test hour and drive home - may differ depending on area and location of test centre.) If you need additional hours, your instructor will advise you of this and will be charged at their hourly rate which is typically £25. It’s also not guaranteed for your course to be completed over one week especially those that are 30 hours or larger; these course sizes will typically will be over two or three weeks, subject to instructor availability.
2. If you require transport to and from your theory test, this will form part of your course and lesson time from the moment you arrive in the car until you are dropped back off at home from the theory test. Make sure enough notice is given to your instructor in order for them to assist you.
3. Every pupil must pass the legally required eye test which is 20.5m or 67ft. This would be conducted on the first lesson and if you happen to fail the course would be stopped until you are able to pass the eye test. Any of the hours booked in with this instructor would be lost as they’re self employed and it would be too late to replace.
4. If the instructor feels that, on the day of your test, you are not test ready and feels that for safety reasons, it cannot go ahead, you will not be able to take it and the test fee will be lost along with any unused hours.
5. Deposit Refunds: In the unlikely event that we are unable to organize an instructor for your desired start date, we will make you aware of this ASAP, if we are not advised at this point that you wish to be refunded and we then allocate an instructor for the week following (or an alternate date agreed by you) it would not be given. The reason for this is that instructors are self employed business men and women and would be at a loss of earnings for this week.
6. If we receive a deposit and arrange your course but we or the instructor cannot get hold of you, the pupil, for a period of 3 months all money paid to us will be lost and deposits will be used for loss of earnings.
7. There will be case where we are unable to provide a practical test prior to a theory expiring but this is only with short notice, we will always do our utmost to try and secure one but this isn’t always possible on small time frames but does not warrant a refund of the deposit. We will book you a theory and the test fee and hours will be saved until the theory pass.
8. If you cancel lessons with the instructor less than 1 full clear week beforehand then the hours cancelled will be forfeited and lost and can not be rearranged. Short notice cancellations can not be rescheduled with other pupils therefore they will be out of earnings so it will be taken from your course hours.
9. If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show, then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at his / her standard hourly rate.
10. A driving course requires short breaks as it is not normally possible to drive continuously for hours at a time so these can be taken at the discretion of you and the instructor.
11. Your intensive driving course includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home / back to your agreed meeting point at the end of the test.
12. act solely as a booking and administrative agent for driving instructors and schools registered with us. Instructors are subcontracted the work with our driving school to provide an intensive driving course. This means that we do not provide any driving courses ourselves and we undertake all our activities on behalf of the individual driving schools or driving instructors. We are paid on commission off the instructor for successful bookings.
13. All courses are booked and based upon your previous experience and are a guideline only. We cannot guarantee that the hours advised are all that will be needed. If additional hours are required then the instructor will advise you of this and will be charged at their hourly rate. All pupils learn at different paces so we can only use a rough guide on what we are advising before the instructor meets you.
14. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number.
15. We cannot guarantee a test for any specific day but normally get one at the end of your course week or early the week after if the test centre is fully operational. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned.
16. Any disputes or claims are to be taken up with the instructor directly first as once an instructor is allocated, this is who your contract is with. We www.oneweekdrivingshop.com act solely as a booking and administrative agency where by the instructors are working independently, self employed.
17. The initial payment you make (deposit) will go towards any tests that are required, sourcing you a suitable instructor, any additional fees and administrative fees throughout the process. It is not the full balance.
18. The outstanding balance is paid to the instructor directly and generally is paid on the first lesson in full. Some instructors will request payment several days or weeks before it’s scheduled to secure your slot and ensure lessons are kept.
If you turn up to lessons without payment or decide you aren’t going to continue when an instructor has been sourced, your deposit will not be refundable.
19. If in the unlikely event we cannot allocate you an instructor for your chosen week, we will notify you on the Friday before the start date. You can request a refund at this point but if we aren’t notifed and we then allocate you an instructor for the week following or another date, a refund would not be entitled.
20. and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons - driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, for example snow or ice, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles. Where possible your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios.
21. Please do not book time off work until you have spoken to your appointed instructor and discussed and confirmed your schedule.
22. All bookings are a provisional start date until confirmed directly with your driving instructor. Should an instructor be unavailable for your desired start week, we would automatically search for a start the following week until the course is allocated.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements; you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft.
2. You satisfy the DSVA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking form correctly so that we can carry out our administration duties.
4. You make us aware before booking of any health issues either mental or physical which may affect your ability to perform as expected on an intensive driving course.
5. You agree the full course hours and make a note of the hours that have been agreed with the driving instructor (minus the final few hours if we need to save some for a driving test to be arranged) on the initial phone call with the instructor. If these are not satisfactory please call us at this point so that we can arrange an alternative instructor or discuss alternatives. If we are notified at the office, once the course has begun that you cannot do certain times and dates, or the instructor cannot complete the course with you in a certain time scale, then we are powerless to try to move the course to another local instructor.
6. You agree to book time off work or make travel or accommodation arrangements only once the hours have been agreed in full with an instructor who has called you and confirmed a detailed lesson schedule.
7. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for a short period of time for a pupil at the agreed meeting point, if you are not in the car at the meeting time, and haven't made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated with you and move on to another lesson. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
8. You attend the theory test and practical test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking confirmations will be sent via email to the email address you provide for us on your booking form. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will have to pay for the next one.
9. You email us, call us or text us with your theory pass number as soon as you pass it so that we can book a practical test on the same day and begin the process of finding you a driving test cancellation.
10. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of intensive driving courses UK, suspect or detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid, both the deposit and any lesson fees paid to your instructor.
11. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
12. You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school/instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
13. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Please read the following if you are taking a theory test during your driving course.
Additional terms and conditions from the DVSA website for your theory test bookings (if required).
You must bring the following with you to your test:
your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photocard licence – the photocard must be presented
or, your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport; (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)
It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
If you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to reschedule a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
If you need to cancel your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to cancel a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
Please turn up at the test centre 15 minutes before your appointment is due so that you can check in.
All test centres are audio and visually monitored for quality and security purposes.
Personal Items are NOT allowed into a testing room and must be placed in a locker. Personal items include, but are not limited to: mobile phones, ear pieces/ear phones, laptops/hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other electronic devices, pagers, handbags, purses, wallets, hats, bags, coats, books, revision notes, dictionaries, note paper, pens, watches, food and drink.
If you are found with any of the above-prohibited items in the testing room, your test will be stopped, you will be asked to leave the premises and will lose your test fee.
Issues / Refunds / Complaints policy
We take any complaint against the service seriously as we aim to provide excellent service throughout. If you feel we have let you down or you feel the need to cancel the course please click the link below to request a refund or lodge a complaint. We have to investigate all matters so please provide as much information as possible. We aim to investigate all matters as quickly as possible so will respond within 7 days, simple matters should be resolved within 48/72 hours.
Please note that if you booked more than 3 months ago: refunds would not be issued to courses which we can allocate to our instructors in accordance with terms and conditions number 7.